Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:27 AM
Find More Posts by Blackrat
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,359 Posts
Build Log
Eurofighter

Ive been flying for a couple months now and thought it would be time to scratch build a model. I started on the STS and then built the F14 pusher.

so, after having a browse on the net a spotted the eurofighter and thought it would be an easy enough model to make. After a few hours of drawing on CAD and cutting and glueing i ended up with what you see here . Its all 6mm depron style foam

Not sure on how to work out the CG (the formula looks a bit like rocket science) so i thought id just chance it First flight was short, very short ... but i soon realised the cg was to far back as the plane was very responsive. I added some weight to the front and what a difference , it actually flies now.

i am running cheepo everything, and would like to start getting some decent gear now as i seldom crash.
i have a 2408-21 can type brushless, the type you get off ebay for peanuts plus free postage i have rewound it using twin 26g , 15 turns .. but it still isnt fast enough. To be honest i dont really know what all the numbers mean, i have searched but... 24 is the amount of turns and the rest ?

what motor and esc shall i get next ? i have a need for speed

the fighter is

800 mm in length
620 wingspan
320 grams
3s 850mah
15a esc
2408-21 with a 8043 prop

oh and i gotta say it looks awesome when doing low level passes
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat
Last edited by Blackrat; Jul 16, 2006 at 05:11 PM.