Old Jul 07, 2006, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by ultralajt
Ljubljana Brnik, Slovenia
Joined Sep 2004
1,272 Posts
Build Log
GUPPY electric sailplane Building&flying PART 1

EDIT, JAN.31. 2012
As photos were linked from other internet source, and that source change some settings, photos are not visible anymore in the Guppy Building thread. Sorry for that.
Please visit my website to see Guppy, or check Guppy 2 building thread on rcgroups.

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

I decided to show you my design of electric sailplane here. I made also the plans for it.
The sailplane could be build also as pure sailplane without motor.

Model is build entirely from balsa, only the boom is build from balsa glued around carbon tube stiffener. Covering could be Oracover or similar.

There is also a version of "Hotliner wing" for this sailplane available.

Model could be build from plans, but there are available also the CNC laser cut parts.

Proud designer

"Bare bones" in front and finished model in back. The uncovered model is biuld as sailplane (look the nose)

Flying!

regards!

Mitja

NOTE: Some of the pictures in this presentation of the model are from different prototypes, so you can find here hand carved parts, CNC laser cuted parts and also parts made on CNC router. Don`t be confused also by fact, that there are included also some pictures of Guppies, that other modelers build and some are slightly modified or different from the "original".
Please use freely here presented information in order to gather as much useful information, so building your Guppy will be a piece of cake.

EDITED on 1. jun 2007:
I made a table of contents for this thread, so you can easily search for the particular part without wasting much time:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...28#post7552305
ultralajt is offline Find More Posts by ultralajt
Last edited by ultralajt; Jan 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Add the link for plans on profili2.com