Old Jul 06, 2006, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle
Got shenpa?
Los Angeles
Joined May 2004
10,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyj_brown
I had previously purchased a (proprietary) interface from the designer of the sim, and lo and behold, it still works.
Tracy, its nice when there are no "vendor lock out" dirty tricks, isn't it?

I'm currently using a Logitech USB dual action game pad. It is not a very good controller (poor A/D converter resolution, I suspect, as it is very "steppy" instead of being smoothly proportional). One of these days I need to try hooking up the buddy-box signal from my Tx to the sound card and using it as a simulator interface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyj_brown
This sim is still my favorite for any type of gliders as it includes open field thermaling, slope soaring, and dynamic-soaring.
I know little about gliders, but the powered models that come with CRRCSIM, while having realistic flight characteristics, are simulations of heavy glow models, and I don't much like the way they fly. I usually take the "sport.air" file and start hacking away mass, increasing thrust, moving the CG location, etc, until it flies more like my electric parkflyers do. With that done, the powered model(s) can be a lot of fun to fly, too.

-Flieslikeabeagle
flieslikeabeagle is offline Find More Posts by flieslikeabeagle