View Single Post
Old Jul 05, 2006, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by robin andrew
Joined Feb 2004
320 Posts
Discussion
to build a LAPIDAR 1940's flyingwing

Hi, after seeing the video of HAN Witteven's very large scale flying wing on test flight's, I fell in love with it. So I contacted Han of the Netherlands via Ron Sommeron and received the very small drawing of a patent for the design in the early 1940's. It needed 2 hours to resize it to 5ft then I decided to carry 'sub C' cells for flight batteries so redrew it to 6ft span (with the sweepback its quite a large wing area).
I enclose the skeletel contruction pictures to show how i'm building the fuselarge onto the wing so it's all in one to carry about. Hope it will fit into my Fiat Punto Grande when its finished. There's still three underfins to fit underneath the wings which carry wheels and the radio to fit. What pusher motor to use is a guess at the moment but the whole structure is very lighytweight so far. So some new brushless 'wonder' motor should do the job, any sugesstions?
It's over 700 sq ins active wing area (flying wings lose some lifting area because of washout). I have to keep the cell count down to possibly 12 cells (2x6 packs or two 7 ) due to the small fuselarge interior, cheers Robin Andrew, Birmingham,UK
I've added in the picture of the model covered weighing 3lbs (with radio) but still needs a flight batt and a motor.
robin andrew is offline Find More Posts by robin andrew
Last edited by robin andrew; Jul 18, 2006 at 02:40 AM.