Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab
Stuart, your repair is going to come out looking way better than mine and I'll bet you don't end up adding much if any weight.

Moose and Squirrel have been been involved in may incidents, mostly getting stuck in trees ten to twenty feet from the ground. The bottom wing has broken on both sides more than four times each side. And the fuselage has broken in two at least three times. Often I returned home thinking it was hopeless. But after a few hours or days it would occur to me how to glue it back together. It has gained about an ounce from the extra glue and tape, it is about 9 oz now.

Did I mention that Moose has had an antler transplant, his original antler was pink foam, this one is blue.

Yesterday was ideal for Moose and Squirrel, they flew twice, first flight 25 minutes at 5 feet up (I like doing flybys at about eye level) and later for another 20 minutes somewhat higher (we won't quite say how high so as not to embarrass Buzzes moth.)

Allen
Heh Heh Heh.... my moth is yearning to be flown. I've got to get someone with a video camera to go with me so you can all see it for yourselves. Allen, if you like to fly low and slow.... this is the plane for you!
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz