Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by selector
hi buzz
can you explain how this "wing stick back on" induces such a behavior improvement ?
thanks
anthony
PS i know it's off topic, but buzz please PM me if you think it's preferable ..
OK, one more off topic.... The Aero Ace flies slow and porpoises a lot with two wings. I simply pulled the bottom wings off of the plane and detached the wing struts by gently pulling on them until the contact cement lets go. Then you are left with only the top wing. We all know that biplanes are slow flyers, but making it a mono plane changes all of that. If you take your bottom wings off you will notice a definite increase in speed. Because of the extra speed, you can gain altitude much faster, then cut back to minimum power and fly around over the trees for quite a while. I get about 18 to 20 minutes on one charge because I get way up there and glide with no power.
If you want to put your bottom wings back on, the clear contact cement is still there, and you just stick them and the struts back on.

Wayne... yeah, it does seem backwards, doesn't it? I throw a towel over the TM when I fly the AA's so it won't get depressed.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz