View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2002, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,981 Posts
Not that old, just been at it for a while..

I've been modeling since I was 10, I'm 46 now. So that makes me not a virgin? I'm under the impression though that E-flight has improved my field skills, and makes the set-up process easier, enough that I'm a better flyer. I still feel new at this though.

If there is some way to make something float, flap, or thrust it's way into the air, I've probably tried it. Not everything was a success, either.. ( lots of things were'nt)

I developed a love of light floaty models early as a pre-teen by making a series of the old Comet printwood kits like the Sparky, Stinson SR7. Airknocker C2, some Guillows WWI bipes. Lots of fun and lots of patched tissue. Then came CL and glow egines.......then glow RC in the late 70's I still have my first .15 powered trainer as a E- conversion, Speed 400 geared, and a real pig at 32 oz. But it flys, sort of.

I'm still being bitten by the slope bug, but I'm not doing it as much now..

The Micro end of RC is whats really got me interested. I guess because you can keep a good assortment of planes in a tiny space and fly at a whims notice. Plus I can scratch build WWI bipes like the Guillows that fly MUCH better than my first rubber powered attempts when I was young. I'll probably do something with larger planes later, and I still have a couple of Taipan .15's that might find a home in a couple of glow planes. Got rid of all my other R/C glow stuff..

I'm having a lot of fun and this website is all to blame...

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Last edited by Looooeeee!; Oct 21, 2002 at 02:39 PM.