Originally Posted by wingsnapper
Well I went and took the plunge.... One fling 2M in NIB on my living room floor. During the build I'm gonna take some steps to sure up the boom though. Maybe glueing the fin to the stab and inserting the pins though some glass and epoxy on both sides of the boom will help destribute the load of those washers and bolts on the bottom. I just can't see myself tightening down any metal directly to carbon as designed. Next I'll steal some left-over carbon from my DL50 kit and do some wraps in front of the tail just for good measure.
My tail has remained tight since I assembled it 3 weeks ago held on with the stock configuration....what I did do though was wrap carbon fiber tow (anything will work really....cotton thread..kevlar thread ..) around the boom wherever it was cut for pushrod exits...front and back as some were complaining about the boom splitting back there ...and thin ca'd it in place ...
Time may loosen up that connection since the fin studs pass through wood but for now I'll leave it as is...