View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2002, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by dirtdiver
Throttle,,What's that?
Joined Sep 2002
399 Posts
Tired 20 years ago with a tail dragger .40 gas 4channel airtronics. First flight got it off the ground flew a big circle so far away i lost the plane. When i found it it was in about 96 little parts. Decided learning alone was not for me. 20 years later i decided to get back into flying found e-zone first and decided to get a scooter after reading soholingo,s thread. Called the local club here and the guy told me DO NOT get a scooter as a first plane as its to hard and not a trainer and you will never learn without an intructor . Told me to get a Sig Kadet Senior and after i get it all put together come on down to the local field 35 miles away and well teach ya. Well i did not. From the very first toss the scooter flew and did it great i only have 1 crash on it nothing broke well exept the prop and after breaking several of them i ordered 20 and have not broken one in about 3 weeks now. After 2 months of learning MYSELF i can loop,roll,fly inverted about as long as i want, and anything else i can think of and i can do it with a 2 minute walk where there is at least 150 acres of nothing but knee high grass and weeds and 1 tree that i did find will snag planes right outta the sky
dirtdiver is offline Find More Posts by dirtdiver