Thread: Discussion lipo fire
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2006, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by rchawks
st joseph mo
Joined May 2004
2,086 Posts
As with the other's chuck I'm sorry for your loss. I have a question about the lypo pack being supplied in the aeroace planes. I'm very nervous about using any lypo pack although it seems that the majority of the mishaps are charging setups and extreme crashes ect. The pack in the aa is small about 140 mah I think, and would seem to be fool proof. Which is important to me. It also seems to have all the protections such as a cut off circuit, it's own transmitter charger, and buried deep inside the fuse's foam. I've had one flight with it so far and with mods could be a real blast. My concern is that people are leaving inside the autos during the day for the spur of the moment flying and seeing as how it's only been on our market since about nov or dec of last yr hasn't been put to the summer heat in a car test. Could this have been overlooked by the beancounters who make this plane? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the aa ( I've bought three already myself ) simply asking questions for which I have no solid answers. Is it 100 per. safe to use? Just in case something should go wrong, I did make a retrofit on a metal case to store it in. Granted I need to cut back on the amount of balsa inside, but it should act as a bunker I would hope. Can anyone give any feedback on this item?
rchawks is offline Find More Posts by rchawks
Last edited by rchawks; Apr 18, 2006 at 10:13 PM.