View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by chuck4816s
United States, OH, Mansfield
Joined Oct 2004
49 Posts
Discussion
lipo fire

I will post some pics of the damage tomorrow.. I just want to let my fellow modelers know about the accident that happened too me last night with a lipo pack. I had 3 lipo packs that were left in my car on the front seat last night when 1 of them decided to blow up for no apparent reason. I am not going to go into what brand they are, but I will say that they are brand name packs that are of good quality. I had no reason to think that the packs were bad. I never over charge or disscharge the packs beyond there limits. They are always charged with astro chargers. Bottom line is it can happen to the best of us no matter what or how we handle these batteries. I highly suggest that you keep these in fire proof boxs if you don't already!! All of the packs that I had there were brand new for all practical reasons. They had about 15-20 cycles thru a t-rex. I hope my loss can help guide all of you that think it only happens too people that are new with lipos, or misstreat them. I have lost my suburban, a QQ72" E-yak 54, 2 astro chargers, and what ever else got in the way.

Respect the lipos!!!

chuck edwards
chuck4816s is offline Find More Posts by chuck4816s