View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by NumbSkull
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,062 Posts
All the orders I get from tower have the rush sticker on them too. I've never bought the super saver membership, but I have spent OOODLES of money with them over the years between RC planes and RC cars.

I have considered becoming a member for a while now. You do get a few magazine (I think it's only a half year) and I usually have a few coming to the house anyway so I spend that money all the time. If I were to add up all the shipping I have paid in the past (just the standard, not the fast stuff) with Tower Alone, it would make $14 bucks look like a dream. Not to mention that the standard shipping with tower is very good, and usually is delivered in a few days (I've had priority packages take longer on many occasions).

I guess what I'm saying is that $14 for what you get isn't bad.

Now for a short rant!!!

I agree!! Ii IS low down, and dirty that they try to sneak it in on you. I'm in this hobby for relaxation, and nothing gets me worked up more then the ol' used care salesman approach on my past time. I know what I want, and that is why I put it in my cart. If and when I want the super saver club membership, you can bet that I will put it in my cart myself.

I despise companies that have hidden costs, and that try to slide things in behind your back. I have had great service with Tower, and I only have two complaints about them. 1. Their selection isn't what I would like it to be as an electric modeler and 2. The super saver membership that they push on you every time you turn around.

I think it could be a great program, but I don't want it pushed at me everytime I go to make a sale, or open their mailer.
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull