View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2002, 10:55 PM
Konratz is offline
Find More Posts by Konratz
Suspended Account
San Francisco CA
Joined Jan 2002
21 Posts
Hello Ron,
I set my servos in the V tail. I glued 3mm balsa on both sides of the V stabs from the root to the first slanting rib. I then added filler strips to the leading and trailing edges so that about 1/3 the span of tail is now 3 times thicker than stock. I then cut a notch in the root of the V tails between the wire struts for the servos to go into. I sanded the 3mm balsa to a streamlined shape (symmetrical). I added a .1 mm 3 ply plywood floor to the bottom of each V tail for the servo. The servos go in on there sides and are fully flared into the tail. Recover V tail with Oracover light. I ran 4 servo wires down the tail boom (servo shares the positive and negitive leads each servo gets its own signal lead). I place the receiver just under the trailing edge of the wing. This allows me to get to the RX to plug in the ailerons.
My setup is 1.8 meters, 610 grams. 4 servos (FMA 60), FMA RX, 4.5:1 Cosmotec GBX, 28 x 20 Graupner prop on a Speed 400 4.8V with flux ring timed to pull 17.5 amps with 7 Sanyo 500 mAh red cells. ESC is a Castle Sprite 25. Balance is at 63mm from the leading edge. Best climb is about 30.
Sorry I don't have any pictures, yet! No camera.
Konrad
Konratz is offline Find More Posts by Konratz
Reply With Quote