Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx
Dismembered Member...
Niagara Falls/Toronto area
Joined Dec 2003
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Reeves
I built the larger version from FFF. To get the nose to fit, I gently curved the tabs on the front of the fuse and the front cowl piece before putting the cowl piece in place. It then fit together fairly easily. I held it with Scotch tape while I glued it. After the glue dried I went back with a hobby knife and trimmed off any high corners and then lightly sanded the joints. As you can see in post #123 it faired in pretty well. You can see the joints, but that is true all over the plane. I made it worse with my paint choice since the blue and yellow contrast so much. I little light weight filler would have done wonders for the nose joints.
This is the one thing that bugs me about this version - the nose. It just don't look right all squared off like that. It'd be nice if someone good at CAD (not me) could develop the cowl and have it so that it could be wrapped instead of square as it is now.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Reeves

I'm also beginning to realize that the recommendations given by the sellers are just a starting point. Some under rate the motors by a fair amount. Others push them as far as they can to see what happens. I would probably under rate them a bit too if I was a seller to try to limit returns from people frying them. A great example of this is the 450TH sold by JustGoFly adn the 450TH sold by Balsapr. They are branded differently but I believe they are the same motor made by EssKay? Balsapr rates it at 16.5A; Vinnie at JustGoFly has tested it extensively and rates it at 29A and 300W! He shows test data up to 350W or so. Vinnie has taken the motors to failure and posts data for a large variety of props direct drive and geared and a wide range of voltages.
Vinnie who, and where can you find this info???

TIA,

Brad
arx_n_sparx is offline Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx