Old Feb 13, 2006, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by RC-Tester
Brit in NZ
NZ
Joined Sep 2005
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz
<snip>The profile that you have chosen is not dissimilar (in average discharge and peaks) to that in one of my aerobatic aeroplanes. I also particularly like the individual cell monitoring. I guess you will be developing a set of profiles to represent different types of flying (Aero, glider, edf etc.)? It will be interesting to see how temperature and capacity delivered vary from a constant current discharge at the average current.
If you (or others) have some interesting measured current profiles then why not export them to text or .csv and attach them to a post here in this thread outlining what they were recorded in and under what configuration. If there are some interesting ones I would certainly be interested in running them through on the bench!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz
<snip>I have quickly compared the plots with the constant current discharges for the PQ2100 and a couple of things spring to mind.

1) The temperature profile is slightly higher than the constant 9C discharge as expected but not too much so that's good.
2) The capacity delivered by the PQ2100 is disappointing to say the least. Far less than the constant 9C discharge. Were these cells known to be degraded in any way?
To the best of my knowledge the PQ cells were not damaged; the behaviour may be linked to the problems I had iun running a high C burst for this PQ pack; for the same profile, but at a peak of 45 or 43A (~22C) the discharge would stop due to hitting the LVC. This poorer performance at high discharge may account for the lower capacity.

This question may soon be answered as Enerland have just supplied some 'later' cells to RD and myself and I will certainly repeat this burst profile.

Rod
RC-Tester is offline Find More Posts by RC-Tester