Thread: Build Log Sushi! The Pitcheron
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by Extreme Bob
I'm not Bob
England
Joined May 2003
112 Posts
Nice thread, I miss my old twist wing, this brings back fond memories. Similar to the post above, on my old twsiy (an Axle) only one servo was used for the wings, mounted vertically in the fuselage with 2 ball links going between a large servo horn and a ball in each wing root near the LE. By adjusting the position of the balls on the servo horn it was easy to get any amount of differential movement you wanted, and I found that about 2:1 gave me the cleanest rolls. This was in the days when I couldn't afford fancy servos so I used a bog standard Futabe 128 servo and it lasted for several years of hard flying, with very large amounts of movement on the wings - - 2 rolls per second on an 80" span model is more than enough, the wings used to flex while it rolled! I've seen systems using bellcranks made by people who were concerned about the load on the servo, but they all had slop in them whereas my model had no slop whatsoever, and the servo seemed to cope fine. If this kit was still made I'd buy another one tomorrow.
Extreme Bob is offline Find More Posts by Extreme Bob