View Single Post
Old Jan 04, 2006, 07:25 AM
BDS
Find More Posts by BDS
BDS
Joined Dec 2005
16 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Bob.

Last night I removed the wheel pants and noticed the main gear wire is bend differently on each side, giving me a lean.

When I installed the main gear originally I noticed how it liked to slip out so I CA'ed it into the fuse to prevent problems.

Last night I made some other corrections to my original set up. I had the control throws way too high. The throws in the book are very conservative and I was basically doubling them on each surface. This is why I think the plane jumped up and out of ground effect on both attempts to take off. Combine that with a variable wind and thats how I bumped the wing.

Now I have the throws set closer to suggested, which I couldnt achieve on all surfaces regardless of how I set them up. So I will just take it easier on the sticks next time.

I also attempted to fix the struts with just some thick CA over the hot glue. Im hoping the CA will harden enough to the plastic and balsa to prevent a split again. I'm also hoping i dont jam the wing into the ground again either....

-Sean.
BDS is offline Find More Posts by BDS