View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by drfong
Joined Dec 2005
14 Posts
Hi, just wanted to add that I have a twinstar with 2 LA40's and it junps off the runway in a very short distance, it doesn't run too long on the small tanks though. Lots of fun and very fast. Plane flies better than any ARF I've ever flown. Mine also took almost no trim and I built it in 1 day. (I was a little excited to go fly it) I do have lots of trouble keeping both running all the time. It flies great on one engine, one better than the other. I think the right engine, looking from the front, is the critical one. It flies perfect on that one, but it that one goes out it can be tricky. Still flies ok but don't let it suprise you. I lost the critical one on approach once and decided on going around instead of landing (I was off target anyway). When I throttled up I guess I should have done it slowly because with just the one engine the plane fliped over and crashed. I also want to get another one and build it electric. No problems with the motors.
Anyone thinking about getting a twin, this is the one.
By the way, I use 10 inch props with no problem, but could go to 3 blade to reduce diameter.
drfong is offline Find More Posts by drfong
Last edited by drfong; Dec 22, 2005 at 10:28 AM. Reason: add