Find More Posts by jimhorner
Scale nut
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2001
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengtson
Jim,
"If it was a snake, it would have bitten me." I never thought that my favorite source of information would have data on the Dr.I. Where's my credit card...
Thanks,
Kurt

Ah well.

I do think the drawings are not completely accurate. The cut outs in the bottom wing are shown as being similar to the middle wing, and the photographs clearly show (to me at least) a rectangular shaped cuttout. Looks like you came to the same conclusion as I did from the photos.

I'm thinking of someday doing the Albatros Dr2 which is in there also. So far, all I've built is triplanes. I've got my own design Albatros Dr1, I've built the Dare Fokker Dr1 (heavily modified), and I'm working on the Dare Sopwith triplane (also modified a bit). I've had the two Dare kits for a few years, but I'm getting the itch to do an own design again. I get a lot more satisfaction out of designing and building than building someone else's design. I find that I'm not ever really satisfied with how someone else did a design. The Albatros Dr2 looks interesting. On the other hand, I've got this great design for an Albatros DV fuse laying around complete with all of the molds for spinner, engine cylinders, and fuse sheeting plug. I probably should go ahead and make some wings for the DV. In essence, I'm gonna go the opposite way you did... Triplane to DV instead of DV to triplane.

There's always the Johns 7 wing multiplane also....!

Jim
jimhorner is offline Find More Posts by jimhorner
Last edited by jimhorner; Dec 21, 2005 at 10:31 AM.