View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by SoCalGliderFlyr
Think Thermals!!!!
Costa Mesa, California
Joined Mar 2004
2,964 Posts
Same transmitter different modules/receivers. 'F' is FM, 'P' is PCM and 'S' is synth.

Sometimes you can get the transmitter al a cart with out a module. Sometimes with the synth module. This usually is cheaper than buying the whole system and selling of the parts you don't want.

"Same transmitter" means either an aircraft with the training toggle on the upper left (9CA) or the helicopter with the training toggle on the upper right (9CH). Since I fly mostly sailplanes I got the helicopter as the three possition toggle for the flaps is on the upper left. Aircraft is on the upper right. My left had has more free time than the right.

I'm still learning what capbilities my 9C has. I use the synth module and the synth receiver in PCM mode. If I didn't have so much wrapped up in Futaba I would have seriously considered JR.

Addendum: The 'S' as in 9CAPS is for Super. This indicates additional programming that has been introduced recently. Should also be a large red S on the front of the transmitter.
SoCalGliderFlyr is offline Find More Posts by SoCalGliderFlyr