gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,472 Posts
many dangers in the world

Yes ,there are many dangerous things in this world,and we must be careful..... my Polish wife is not allowed to use any thing sharper than round nose scissors......the reason I posted this was a heads up on the expansion of the use of CF in modeling without any health concerns....did you read any line in your IFO kit( or any other for that matter) about how to safely handle this material?????? newbies will be cutting and sanding this stuff with reckless abandon out of ignorance of its dangers, and let's face it , that dust and slivers has to go somewhere(vacuum bag, landfill, all over your shop floor,your lungs!!!!!) the residue doesn't just disappear into the fourth dimension....
It has been said that cosmically, nature tends toward non life, I don't think we should try to help it along any faster than it has already been proceeding.........yes there are MANY dangerous substances out there, but with a little warning we can try to learn how and what to use without endangering ourselves and our posterity....

on another note ,I don't think CF is the magic stuff we were led to believe it is.... if it is subject to repeated stresses it will fail in short order, first getting soft and then breaking...you guys who have built with it (and crashed) know what I mean......
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw