Old Nov 28, 2005, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by bradpaul
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Marks
I think readers might want to review the series of posts from others such as the one Dan posts. Personal experience that led to concern was not at all complex: A 4S2P pack, ordered by Keith Shaw for a large scale Bearcat, had just been completed, had a 50% charge, and was put on my brand new A109 purchased from Radical RC. The knob was set for 0.5 amps and it was observed that the charger selected 4S. I watched for some three minutes then reset to 3 amps. The pack was being charged in our fireplace. Just as I turned to walk back to my shop, the charger jumped cell count so I was fortunate enough to catch it before it could ruin an 8-cell pack. This was all certainly unexpected.
Fred, your story is the first instance ever reported of a ASTRO 109 ever jumping the cell count after entering stage 2. Astro Bob has stated that that is impossible as the cell count in locked after stage 1.

So are you sure that three minutes has passed and the charger was in stage 2 or was it just a mis-type that three minutes had passed?

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)