Old Nov 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by metomwhou
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jan 2004
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpete1
Hey Tom
Just wondering how you are getting on with your owb on your TTn? Have you got the new bearing in from McMaster yet & if so does it work ok?
Im having problems with my owb slipping now . Its quite strange what the owb is doing , i can get the owb to grab when the speed of the drill is slow but as soon as i increase the speed of the drill it will slip. Then if i loosen the glow plug a bit (to reduce compression) & slowly try to increase the speed of the drill it will eventually grab untill its grabing at the full speed of the drill. This takes about 5-10 mins. If the bike has been running then stalls or stops for whatever reason i can start it staight it away without any slipping from the owb but.... if the bike hasnt been going for awhile im back to square one, the owb is slipping again! weird.
Even though im having a few problems with my TTn & ive only have run about two tank of fuel though it i still love the bike.
Cheers
Pete.
Hi Pete,
I haven't had a chance to change it out since I got the new bearings. They are the same as the one that the bike came with, so I don't know if its actually the bearing now. I'll try to mess with it this weekend, since Thanksginving is this week and its snowing here already, I won't get any free time till atleast friday. I would try what Steve suggested, the wd40. I didn't think of that before, but I have a feeling thats only a temporary fix anyway and one that you would have to repeat eventually if the bearing isn't already messed up. Mine is doing the same thing you describe, its a PITA, I know!! Good luck bud, I'll let you know what I happens with mine.
Tom
metomwhou is offline Find More Posts by metomwhou