View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2005, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by sinkinpat
Sacramento area (Lincoln)
Joined Sep 2002
348 Posts
Mine were all like yours alerons and elevator only. alerons were made from foam takehome container 3/4" wide the length of the bottom of the wing only on the bottom. I could never get it to roll as it was to stable with alot of weight. Also could never do loops either, but it was very fast and stable. Landings were always hairy, as it flew fast even on approach and the tall skinny landing gear it would always end up on its back. but if I flew over grass it would not be an issue. I never took off the landing gear as I thought it looked funny being a bipe without it. I really like the new landing gear the Harbor freight version comes with. I will be using that from now on.

Oh make sure your throws are set small and you transmitter is trimmed all the way down. my first flights I would barley move the stick and it was all over the sky. I was lucky to get it back in one piece.

my next version I will be using a graupner spinner and hope to match brushless to a prop. probably a fiego. I hope to use prop that I can use a spinner with as it helps with the scale looks of the bipe. a Bipe with no spinner just looks funny to me.
sinkinpat is offline Find More Posts by sinkinpat