View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2002, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by Cush
Gentleman, scholar and acrobat
United Kingdom, England, Poole
Joined Mar 2001
877 Posts
I bought a GY240 from Cyberheli and it was at my UK front door in 3 days. I was able to track it through the Chinese postal system on the Internet. I have heard lots of good things about this company from others.

The only downside I can see importing things from reputable companies is that if you have to return the product, especially a bulky product like a kit, is that the shipping costs are high. I think that as a private individual you will pay more than commercial business rates to get it back to the retailer.

Iím not sure what credit card protection is like in Ohio but, as Iím sure you know, in Europe anyone selling on the internet is obliged to take it back no questions asked. Any fraud is the problem of the card issuer and the retailer.

Tax is also another issue. If you get hit in the UK itís 3.5% import duty + 17.5% tax plus a collection fee. I assume the same happens in the US? So far I have only been hit once. I import all sorts of stuff. I find that although the UK distrbuters of toy aeroplane stuff are getting better (Ripmax, Perkins, Flair and Irvine) they still miss out on lots of great stuff. I also find it odd that in the UK we still ďdiecruchĒ a lot of kits. For similar prices I can import nice laser or CNC machined kits for similar prices.
Cush is offline Find More Posts by Cush
Last edited by Cush; Aug 27, 2002 at 02:44 AM.