View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by Thomas B
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,906 Posts
SWAC 2006-How to make this event better than 2005

I have been in touch with Ron from Hobbygroups and he has endorsed having a thread dedicated to ideas about improving and growing make this show grow and thrive.

Being that I am an enthusiastic attendee, with no commercial interest in the event, either as a vendor or an event producer, I have volunteered to start and monitor a thread that will collect ideas on how to make this show really great.

I actually do a good bit of trade show work in the aerospace world, so I do know a little about how these things work.

Two must have things to make the show grow are:

More and better attractions: Vendors, events, any other reason that will make someone interested in our hobby feel they MUST see this event, if they are within a 1 day drive.

Better attendance: this will come from the growth of what is mentioned above and better communication/advertising about the above.

I have a list of related ideas, but will sit on them for now and invite interested parties to contribute. I promise to add them to this thread if others do not post them first.

If possible, try to keep the ideas for improvement clear and concise and lets keep this thread on track as much as possible:

It is a given that there must be more vendors and more attendees, so let's focus on ways to make that happen.

Bring them on!
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel