Old Oct 08, 2005, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by treehog
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,837 Posts
Skunk Works Report

DARN DARN AND DARN

there is no way to get the (20C)kokam 3s1p 3200 into the fuse of the voodo unless I do a major rebuild and I havent got the time presently and dont expect to have the time to do the modification before april 2006
The Kokam is exacly 5mm toooooooo wide so I need to slit the voodoo down the middle and insert glasss etc into the gap to close it up

The servos also caused serious problems
investigation of the trailing edge of the wing aerlion near the root showed a small crack possible flutter issue photo at gallery

LOTS of photos under treehog oct 8th 2005 samples below

checked out the broken servo and no broken teeth
The starboard wing servo HS55 as I was fitting the wing on suddenly started a rapid movement up down for several seconds which I thought was mayby servo case distortion from so many components inside fuse pressing on servo case and then servo did this several times as I tried to get wing to fit and then servo packed up so off home to check it out
it looks like the pot is burnt out
I usualy like to turn left so starboard aerlion which packed in would have a lot more pressure in flight to push down the aelion and mayby the loads are to high for the HS55 at high speeds as the servo gobbles a lot more amps than the JR 261 and burnt itself out

Purchase of JR c100 3 gramm sevos and fitting to my Salomi DLG on tail (photo in gallery )feathers
confirms tht this a seriously USELESS servo for anthing that goes faster than 30mph as it has virtualy no umph compared to jr141 5 gram servo and its teeth strip
sooooooooooooooooooo easly
just handling them AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I would need 4 of them to each wing and even then mayby they could still jam
ah well its winter so lots of indoor projects could use up theses servos

So the new Skunk works project is to get my Plettemberg 200/25/4 and 8*gp1100 now fitted with 4001 esc to do a flight(mosly because this gear fits better than the brushless stuff with bigger ESC ) and then to work with
8*gp 2000 when they arrive
any day now

The KV of the Plettemberg 200/25/4 is a bit of a mystery but pcalc shows Plettemberg 200/25/6 version is 3200kv and Plettemberg 200/25/5 is reputed to be 4000 so mayby Plettemberg 200/25/4 is 4200 similar to mega 2 wind

Also in the future will put on fake wing bumps to simulate the bumps caused by jr 141 (5 gram )9.5 mm thick servos placed in wing to see if external wing servos bumps will decrease speeds by a serious factor

So in the mean time the wing servos are the JR 261

While checking the HS55 the elevator servo removing it so I could slip in reciever first towards the tail to get more room in fuse I noticed the elevator bar does bend under pressures and hits the top of the roof of the fuse
I dont think its a suffentienly serious issue to modify or strenthen but it might cause a little spongy affect in elevator response which others might not like
time will tell

Hope to go with the plane tomorrow but dont expext very good performace as the Plettemberg 200/25/4 pulls 35 amps plus probably 50 amps and the GP1100 dont like to give more than 25 amps so static tests are definitly whimpish compared to the 8*rc2400 that the motor normaly uses in the biggger f5d sized aeronaut FOX

Ralf

PS oh yeah forgot when the gp2000 arrive (hope the 8 pack fits)
I will size it up for a 12 pack and my hacker4013 wi s 3600kv 500 watt f5d combo so if it fits party time
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Last edited by treehog; Oct 08, 2005 at 10:35 AM.