View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by OhioPete
Lazy dog
Lakewood, Ohio
Joined May 2005
2,409 Posts
That MF looks great, nice bright color as well, it ought to stand out from the crowd
Looking forward to seeing an even more powerful Zagi Tommy!

I finally completed my projects for the week. I got the Spitfire done and changed out the motor on the Zero. I had ordered a 350C motor for the Spit (came with a 300C) but forgot about it and put the stock motor in. Once it's in, it's in It would take cutting the styrofoam around the nose to get it off , You have to mount the motor before putting the fuse halves together. Not wanting to let the 350C sit around I put it in my Zero. It should go pretty good now. I tested it in my basement and it pulls! Might even be able to launch it by holding the plane underhand and giving it a gentle fling. My weight is 9.4 oz (w/o the TP 2S Prolite 1320 I have on order). The Spit came in at 11.6 oz's (w/o battery). Hopefully it will still be a decent performer with the stock 300C motor.
I was hoping my two new lipos would show up Friday. Hopefully they will arrive today so that I can fly something besides the ES on Sunday.

Here's my "Axis -vs- Allies" pic:

Finished Spitfire Pics: Not sure how the bottom "oil coolers" will hold up under landing but they look neat IMO. I did add some FFF supports inside them to hopefully sturdy them up a bit. I wasn't about the put the goofy laning gear GWS provides on them

OhioPete is offline Find More Posts by OhioPete