View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2002, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by MMangus
Sport R/C Flyer/Sailer/Driver
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined Nov 2001
263 Posts
Should be there

I should be there ... hopefully! I plan on registering as soon as the new credit card gets here (nextcard was my old card).

This is a once in a lifetime chance to go, since I live only 40 miles north of POTM at Hill AFB. Most likely, our friendly Air Force will find someplace for me to go before the 2004 Soar Utah.

PTOM is simply a great place to fly. Big slope, huge landing area on top, and when the winds blow you can put up some heavy stuff (though I don't know about Seafury's Spit).

Antelope island is still a fun place to fly! Nice north and south facing slopes provide great soaring no matter if the wind is north or south blowing.

A friend and I have been flying out at Francis peak the past couple Sundays. Light winds around 8 mph two weeks ago was enough to keep the light stuff in the air, and yesterday's 15 - 20 mph winds was enough to easily keep an EPP BD jet in the air. And the view is simply awsome!

Now to find something to take that is worth flying at Soar Utah ... where's that C130 plan again ...

MMangus is offline Find More Posts by MMangus