Find More Posts by Herb
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindra M
Herb,

I know you fly from dirt field but there was never intention to fit retract in plane that small. You may try [...] Not to mention the weight gain. [...] Hope you are good on the throttle
I retrofitted retracts on the Aeronaut Rafale and the Aeronaut Panther, and they rog fine off of dirt (see pic below). The Rafale on takeoff blows a plume of dust 100 feet long ...

But I agree the wing is light and thin, so some reinforcing is necessary. I would not use anything but Springairs 602's though.

You guys have to understand that the more you tell me it can't be done, the more I set my mind to it

Seriously, I have also toyed around with the possibilty of doing an Ulf Herder type of setup, namely use a hot motor (Hacker B50-12S, kv=2000) on 3S Kokams 3200 HD, ca. 400-500 Watts peak in a 50oz (1420g) rtf setup.

With this setup it should rog off CA grass (ok Bob, gravel ) no problem without lg. Or a Joerg Rehm jettisonable twin wheel dolly.

I've flown a few MiG-15's before (3x) and I like very much the way they handle. But I know also that too high wingloading means vicious tipstalls on landing approaches ...

Have you tried flying it without wing fences?

Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Last edited by Herb; Aug 28, 2005 at 01:12 PM.