Old Jun 28, 2005, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by Mavrik
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4u
Hi

@Chuck: thanks for the advice. I heard about it before, but since I flew this set-up in my micro-jet for numerous times, I thought it would be oke. It is when enough cool air passes the controller. I definitly will try a smaller prop to get the cuurent down

@Chris: At first I was thinking about the same motor you are using, but I wanted to go as light as possible to get easy starts. Also I'm surprised that it only draws 23,5 Amp. Is it possible for you to take some rpm-readings??
Might be an option in case I get used to the speed, and looking for more

I haven't seen those PQ 1500 20C. Where did you get those??

Getting the TP-pack in and out is just a matter off seconds. Fitts in perfectly. Almost looks like the VooDoo was designed around the TP, and there is still room left to change the C/G. About 0.5 inch forward and 2,5 inch back.

The cooling holes you can see in the picture. I don't believe they are very effective, maybe I will build a small airscoop to force the air into the fuselage.

The connectors I used on the wingservo's were the smallest( and idiot-proof ) I could find in my LHS. They are from SIMPROP

Good luck with your maidenflight next weekend!! ( although you won't need any luck because it just flies so easy),

Robert
Thanks for the pics Robert. I will try and souce those servo connectors also. The pack I use is Poly Quest new 20 C version. I have seen them on the maxamps web site http://www.maxamps.com/index.html?la...arget=d14.html.

Where did you get TP packs from ?

I will try and borrow a rpm meter and post.

Chris
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik