View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,463 Posts
Printed Tissue Madness (Examples of Printed Tissue Planes)

Due to interest I've changed this thread to one to post examples of printed tissue planes. This is a thread to showcase your completed printed tissue plane, and also a thread for people considering trying the technique to peruse for ideas and inspiration. So, let's try and keep this thread to completed or nearly completed planes.

Questions or details about a technique you have developed should be posted in the Printed Tissue Techniques Tutorial. I'll periodically move any posts about questions and techniques from this thread to the "Techniques and Tutorial thread to keep them in one place.

Ok, to start, these are some of the printed tissue planes in various stages of completion in my workshop.

The little Monocoupe's are 8-inch span versions I build with my boys. My 5-year old picked out the colors he wanted his to be (blue and yellow) and then made the changes in Corel draw with ony minor help from me. Then we cut out the pieces and covered it. The red and white one that's done was cut out, sanded, and covered almost entirely by my 7-year old. These are just chuck gliders they fly at our Micronauts indoor sessions.

The flying wing is a F86 "Toon Jet" version of Gary's Jones' flying wing. I'm having trouble getting enough thrust to get it to fly. I'll get it in the air eventually, but it will require more input from Ralph. It also might have a bad motor as it makes funny noises.

Then there is the P38, waiting on some hardware it needs. And, there is a pure-profile version of the pager Citabria that will use some of the new lighter equipment.

There you have it, workshop Diary of a Printed Tissue Madman. Now, where's that bat? (appolgies to Ozzie Ozzborne )

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Aug 01, 2005 at 07:05 AM.