Thread: In My Hanger
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2002, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by Flyfan
Rob H
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Jun 2002
631 Posts
Glad I asked , boomerace, it didn't take you long to line them up, take the shots and post here !

I'm a newbie of 4 months and a scratch builder mainly (don't know why, its just in me, 'spose). I built a foam biplane wing for my J3 stick the afternoon before an indoor meet - designed it on the TLAR principle, took it along with the glue still curing ! It flew !

Don't know who was most suprised, I kinda thought it would fly, others not so sure.

The wingspan was short although area OK, looked a bit bumbly bee but was very nimble, thinking of making a tripelane for next time with better visual width/depth ratio. Today hope to have my foam skyglider flying, also have a canard in the 'thinktank' they call my head.

Ok,Ok so I'm envious of all your planes, the afore mentioned Bleriot of course, I want most of the planes in the pic, the Sea Gull 2000 is a good looker too. I gotta have a Gym-E.

In the back room - ("I want that room cleared by the end of the week" -says 'The Authority') - J3 stick,
1200mm x 350mm black garbage bag plastic floater IPSA - the crows attach it,
Thropmonster 2000 - no TE and wire ends to wing IPSA/geared280,
BumblyBipe IPSA/geared 280,
plus several bits that were wings including a delta single skin version of Ken Hardlock Hills brilliant JSF, to be rebuilt properly as per his directions.

Rob
Flyfan is offline Find More Posts by Flyfan