View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie Wang
Joined Dec 2002
2,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg
Brian, do a search of all Charlie Wang's posts here, but I think in the last week he made a post about maximizing pack life. I think it was in response to a guy with a 1320 pack that was dieing. Anways, as I recall, he said the pack should rise to 3.7v/cell within 20 minutes of the discharge. If it doesn't, you won't get max life out of your pack.

Now, if this means you can only use 75% of the pack's capacity, perhaps there is no gain if one only gains 25% more cycles.
The new Thunder Power Pro Lite with its high voltage and high capacity retention at high discharge level provides:
1)15 to 30% more flight time than most other same capacity cell
2)15 to 60% more flight time with the same weight cell
3)Provide 50% to 300 % more cycle life for the same weight battery under the same operation condition (compare with same weight battery for same watt delivered with same duration per charge)

If you discharge to 80%, voltage should bounce back to 3.7V per cell

You can fly to 90% to 95% capacity as long as you cut short the flight time by 1% every 15 cycles.
If you fly to 80% from the beginning, it make things easy that you do not have to cut short any flight time untill over 250 cycles.

Charlie
Charlie Wang is offline Find More Posts by Charlie Wang