Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Randy Due
Am I registered?
Chandler, Tx. USA
Joined May 2003
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDog
new Hacker/Eflite E49. Gobs of power on 3 cell. Goes vertical with any prop 9 - 13 inches. (177 watts with a 1360 on D gear) Ridegtop, here is the video to the Seaplane. Now power it with a cd rom motor, flies even better!
Thanks. Who has the best price on this motor? I haven't looked at it yet. I've been torn between a Nippy Black 1812/100 and a Himax 2025/5300. From the charts, it looks like the geared Himax will be more efficient, but then the idea of an outrunner without the gearbox sounds good. Then, on the other hand the gearbox is more versatile, then on the other hand the outrunner........I'll bet you've all gone through this before, huh?
I'm looking forward to getting a good motor on this thing. Especially after the 3 cell flight this A.M. I'm really leaning toward the Himax at the moment, because I can change gear ratio and props to switch between 2 and 3 cells with enough thrust.(versatile) The Himax come with the different pinions and a prop adapter for $75. I just wonder how often I'll eat the pinion. Anyway, I'd be really interested in looking at the E49 also. I would like to keep the motor weight down below 3 oz if possible. The sp400 with GB is over 4, if I remember correctly. I need to lighten the aft end a little.

Randy
Randy Due is offline Find More Posts by Randy Due