View Single Post
Old Mar 02, 2005, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by turbojoe
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,602 Posts
Like Tom said. It's really not about the airframe. It's about a resident complaining about the noise. The fact that it's a wing doesn't matter in the least to them. I'll admit that a couple of years ago the sound of a Zagi really annoyed me. It seems the people that are proficient with wings know how to keep them quieter now. When flying with Chris a couple of weeks ago I was surprised at how much quieter his much higher powered wings were than my MiniBOP. Mine can be downright irritating. I really need to play with motor mounting to get the prop further back and hopefully quiet it down some. I'll work on that before I fly it again. I'm sure that's all helisfreak needs to do. There have been a LOT of wings flown there with no complaints until now. That kinda tells me it's probably one plane that is the problem. I know mine is loud enough that it would be a problem at this point in time to fly it there. I'm not (offensive content removed by moderator) on wings in general and in my first post I probably shouldn't have even used the word "wing". That was a mistake on my part. I'm just saying that if a resident is complaining about one certain plane then that pilot has a responsibility to either quiet it down or fly it elsewhere otherwise his defiance is going to cost everyone a place to fly. We're starting to bicker amongst ourselves and this shouldn't be happening. We should really be catering to the local residents and doing everything in our power to please them.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Last edited by tonyo; Mar 03, 2005 at 03:16 AM. Reason: offensive content