View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by jrgospod
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined May 2002
1,694 Posts
Thanks Jack,

I have seen your threads on the HH project and it looks great. You do a great service to the hobby by encouraging new builders into the sport. If I lived near you I would have been one of your students. I was lucky enough to have a club member that did a winter project about three years ago. It was an EPP RE 100 inch poly trainer sailplane of his personal design. We built 4 and two are still in service. The plane was great and served us well. It took much abuse from new pilots but alas I managed to dumb thumb mine into a situation that no plane could have survived. I learned much from the project and had a great plane to learn to fly on. I was lucky enough to have someone like you to learn from. I hope that others will find the enjoyment of flying before they get to overwhelmed by simple kits that ass-u-me to much for a new builder. I really marvel at some of the people that I is see on here that get started without help.

John

P.S. I still may have to build the HH some day. You use some of the skill sets that I havenít learned yet but know I could get help on RCGROUPS to complete the project.
jrgospod is offline Find More Posts by jrgospod