View Single Post
Old Feb 07, 2005, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by Christer Lagerstedt
Stockholm Bromma, Sweden
Joined Mar 2000
141 Posts
To Sackie: Yes my model have triangular spray rails at the junktion fuselage sides and bottom. Very nessesary for a waterplane. The model is a very nice flyer, it flies on around half throttle ( I am using a OS 120 FS). One have to take off into the wind, as the wing floats sits a bit out on the wing it is very easy to get one to dig in if one have wind pressure from the side. I usually start the take off with up elevator until the model is on the step.

I liked the design of the model and made very few modifications. However I made the bottom up to the step from 50 millimeter (2") blue foam, cut and sanded to shape and then glassed. I like to have a bottom that can take running into a rock without getting a hole in the hull. The whole of the fuselage is glassed and the inside painted. I put the tank, a short Graupner 400 cc one, behind the engine. I might one day use a boxer twin in the Kingfisher. I also started to make a retractable landing gear for the model but that one is not ready yet. I must make a pneumatic cylinder for it. Also I want a air cylinder on the water rudder to be able to put it down after retracting the gear. I do not intend to take off from land but want to be able to taxi down the beach and then retract the wheels.

Christer
Haninge MFC, Sweden
Christer Lagerstedt is offline Find More Posts by Christer Lagerstedt