View Single Post
Old Jun 01, 2001, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by Danny Troy
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,444 Posts
I'd like to thank Dan also for this great model. I had lots of problems at first with my IFO MKIII, but it was due to radio glitching and not the design of the model. I finally got everything working perfectly, but not until several nose in crashes that did a number on my Litespan covering. I bashed the kit a bit because I wanted a more positive elevon control, so I added a conventional hinge setup: http://www.dannytroy.com/IFO%20aileron%20setup.jpg
It really does fly great, and is super stable. Dan once told me the CG wasn't overly critical and this is definitely true. It's nice to be able to throw different size battery packs with worrying about the CG. I soldered on a light guage piano wire antenna and that is working great. Even though it's shortened I get all the range I need. I like the fact that my at field repair kit consists of a roll of Scotch tape. Someday I'll get aroung to re-covering it. BTW...the Hitec 555 and the Jeti ESC shown in the photo will be replaced with a lighter FMA Extreme 5 and a Pixie 7P which should be here any day.

Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy