View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2004, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by clearconcepts
Joined Mar 2004
291 Posts
Sounds great... thanks guys.

As for soldering, I will be very careful not to overheat the tabs. And these cells have nickel tabs.

Seems like it will be more difficult the shorter the tabs are, so I may just leave the tabs long for my first experience. From reading comments of others about soldering I don't expect too much trouble. Some have said things like hold the iron to the tabs "no more than 5 seconds"... wow, I don't think I need 5 seconds to solder a thin tab, I think that's way too long. Even SubC cells don't take more than 1-2 seconds.

I plan to make "sub packs" of 1s2p or 1s3p and then use these in series so it would be very easy to parallel charge them if I wanted to.

The only problem with parallel charging these is that I would need several chargers or a several hour charge. The cells are 4000mah and I will be using packs of 3s2p or larger. My charger is good for 8A.

Still, a 3s2p pack would equal charging 24,000mah in parallel. Maybe I need a couple more chargers.

BTW, is a slower-than-1c charge better for the cells? Like if I charged the "24AH" pack at 1/3c 8A... is that actually better for them anyway?
clearconcepts is offline Find More Posts by clearconcepts