View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by Son House
St. Louis Mo.
Joined May 2004
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff262
if you hook up a gws receiver backwards once it is enough to blow to cap in it which will give you the crazy servo movments at 150 feet or more. i have found that the other big thing is placment, it won't give you the crazy servo movment at range test but it will make your plane crash. All recievers are sensitive to the esc and motor wires. when your running lots of current thru your motor wires the reciever will pick that up and give you glitching which makes it hard to find out in range testing. i haven't had a problem with them since i started placing my receivers away from all my other wires like battery, motors and servos. The more isolated you can make them the better. you will see lots of post about gws receivers being bad but i have never seen a picture of where they have them placed which will lead to lots of problems if you just throw a receiver in there and not check what wires are running around it. I wish GWS you add this to there instructions but they don't, actuaaly i have never seen a reciever maker ad this in but it is a well known problem called noise.
Jeff
Well it's about time!!! This is the way I see it as well I happen to like them a lot, and I have FMA,JR, Hitec 555, The only one I use all the time is my trusty RP4II. this little guy has gone down in water while in my slow stick and still gives flawless performance!!

Son House
Son House is offline Find More Posts by Son House