Thread: Alert Recent Photo Job Results
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2004, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Rob Schaffer
Scale Builder, RCAPA #29
Lansdale, PA
Joined Jan 2002
1,370 Posts
I shoot all my photos on the PocketcamX at the higher resolution setting, and you can change that by hitting the menu button when in Photo mode. In Photoshop, I select my crop window settings to 8x10 300dpi, and let it do the work. Results are fairly sharp, and decent for this little camera. A printshop near my house can print my photos up to 24x36 using there software which interpolates the pixel generation, and actually does so really well.

I am pleased with the results of the higher resolution setting, and without any editing in photoshop, I am still comfortable printing 4x6, 5x7, and some 8x10's. If you hold it about an arms length away, you don't notice the pixelation. Using photoshop just provides a sharper picture for those people who are looking up close for all the details. Take one of your good photos, don't edit it, and print various sizes so you know how they will look. Take the same photo, edit it, and print the larger size to compare. That's what I did to make sure I knew what my printer was capable of and how the camera resolution was.

Hope this helps....
Rob Schaffer is offline Find More Posts by Rob Schaffer