Old Jul 05, 2014, 05:38 PM
Find More Posts by Dangaras
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
...and the huge benefit to the 'ground based tool' is that you can isolate potential problems with your packs prior to strapping them into an expensive aircraft rather than finding the issue with a huge drop in power and perhaps experience an unfortunate and unplanned encounter with mother earth. I prefer the former.

I have to disagree somewhat.

Having a tool and knowing how to use is the issue here. When two pieces of equipment that do the same thing give different results I will trust neither unless there is a very detailed document that explains why and how one works.

Volts and current are measured the same by all voltmeters and ammeters. The only difference is whether they were calibrated by a certified facility. Would you trust the voltage on a pack if the Meters you used told you you a reading in coulombs instead of volts and gave you different values?

Relative measurements also don't help if you have no empirical history or reference with which to base your measurements on...

So in this case it is not a good ground to until........ The user gets educated to the nature of what is being measured.
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras