View Single Post
Old Nov 08, 2004, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by fprintf
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
I hate to say "I told ya so" but when the service first started a lot of us said "how can you do this", knowing full well it would grow very quickly. My own vote is that webhosting bandwidth become more limited if the page is free, and that any postings of video clips that increase bandwidth over a nominal amount gets charged. I think the bandwidth is very easily eaten up by a single posting of a video on a popular forum.

I also think that webhosting should become more self-service. Turn this group into a help group, as most of the changes people need to make to their pages are simple and not the responsibility of the webhosting moderator. Those of us who have done this before are more than happy to help folks through the setup process. Essentially folks should be able to set up their own pages, point the DNS servers etc. on their own or should be able to find the answer by searching here. No negative points for flaming people for not searching!

Please, please, please do whatever you can to keep free hosting in some form! (oh, and access to the incredible server maintenance tools, this has been an avenue for learning all on its own) Thanks!
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf