View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by tmproff
Inverted Electric Flyer
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Jan 2004
557 Posts
Well I contacted Bill this weekend and he said he temporairly ran out of Stella Kits and mine was sent out last Thursday. I should get it today or probably tomorrow. This weekend, I did have a unfortunate accident with my Groove. It was an overcast Sunday morning and I had my hat and sunglasses on (I am pretty sensitive to light). Well the Groove was doing its thing and the sun abruptly came out from behind the clouds and blinded me! I desperately looked for the plane but it hit a tree before I could locate it. Here's where things get interesting! Where I fly, a small river runs alongside. The Groove just barely hit a tree that overhung the river!! I was about 4 feet from crashing it straight into the water. I was very fortunate that it was a particulary soft tree and did very little damage. The plane was at idle and flew perfectly straight into some leaves. I did have to climb the tree over the water and retrieve the plane, but I'm happy that nothing was terribly damaged. I was planning on getting everything out of my Groove to put into the Stella this week anyways!
tmproff is offline Find More Posts by tmproff