View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2004, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by Willard
Joined Aug 2004
995 Posts
How do I tune my HH gyro?

I have a MS-044 HH gyro running stock brushed setup with GWS 50/100 ESCs on a 2004 DD dragonfly.

Could anyone tell me what to look for when trying to get the gain adjustment right?

I cant remember what the difference between hunting and wagging is. Is one caused by the gain being too high and the other being too low?

I started with gain around 90% and the tail would oscillate in a straight hover. I could hear the motor rapidly speeding up and slowing down as it kept overshooting its center, and then slowing to return to it and then overshooting the other way etc.

So I turned it down to about 50% and now when I increase or decrease throttle it doesnt hold: the heli will shift a few degrees witht the increase or decrease in torque.

I have been trying to fine tune it between the two but with limited success

Can anyone tell me a procedure or method for fine tuning the gain, and how to find a happy medium between these two behaviours? Should I start increasing gain again until the tail starts to oscillate, and then reduce it back down in small increments until this stops happening?

Thanks !

Will
Willard is offline Find More Posts by Willard