Old Sep 01, 2004, 07:03 AM
Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx
Dismembered Member...
Niagara Falls/Toronto area
Joined Dec 2003
4,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod
As i remember it was a low % of acid with water adjusted with a hydrometer,but if you try a few plates and you end up with a whitish look to them when dry, stack them together and with a ohm meter lightly touch the propes one on each side of the stack and if you dont have continuity your in business.
In the old days, they used to just put transformer laminations out into the yard and let them rust I'm serious. The ferric (or is it ferrous ) oxide (technical name would be *rust* ) insulated the laminations. If you want to use '50's technology, then laquer them. I saw a post by someone (and I don't know who it was or I'd give them credit) who used just *one* of the laminations and a shot blast machine. He layed the lam on a piece of newspaper and *blew away* the un-needed paper. Put one of these pieces of newspaper between each lamination and you're set.

I guess a little epoxy or lacquer wouldn't hurt either

Brad.

A p.s. to MR DIY: I suspect you made a start where you should have had an end on your motor - that's why it's a bit cock-eyed. You can argue all you want, but like Ron says, you want the phases symmetrical. Just my 2 on this.

p.p.s. - have enjoyed your input on the BLDC controller - you are talking WAY above my head on this stuff. I'm just slowly picking my way through a programming course on PLC's, and it's enough to boggle my *little* mind. The PIC's are too far ahead in the future for me to even see them over the horizon.....
arx_n_sparx is offline Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx