View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2004, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude
Cheapskate freeloader!
Orebro, Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
3,155 Posts
The second plane that has been maidened is my Gasparin Peanut Scale (13") Nieuport 11.

This is a model that Iīve bought RTF. Gasparin offers his kits RTF and testflown, and although it was rather expensive (or should I say it cost a fair bit of money instead) I felt that it was well worth the money once I had the opportunity to see the model on the shelf at my favourite hobbystore MFT (www.mft.nu).

Iīve had the plane for over a week, and it has been a struggle not to try and maiden her in the windy conditions we have had. Today was much better though not ideal. Anyway I felt confident enough to maiden her, and I neednīt have worried a bit.
She flew perfectly, controlauthority was a bit on the "soft" side, but then again this isnīt an aerobat exactly. This plane will be a hoot to fly when indoor season is here. In the meantime I will fly her outdoors on really calm days.
As far as the flightenvelope, cruising low and slow is what she does best looking VERY convincing. Stallturns where easy, but I never got her to loop due to the low wheight and speed and high drag of the plane.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Nieuport RTF. The first one has been posted before and is mainly for sizereference.

Anders O
Zeroaltitude is offline Find More Posts by Zeroaltitude