View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2002, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by Eco8gator
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,216 Posts
Hello Hank

Im sorry to hear that you are not getting along with your heli.

As for design, I think the engineers at JR designed the Voyager around 7-8 cell. Remember, the Voyager is heavy so it is to your advantabe to use 8 cell instead of 10 to keep the weight down. This would also explain the 2 stage gear reduction; they want you to use hotter motors that require less cells.

Just wondering, why are you using AA cells? The reason I ask is I have heard that these cells have a higher internal resistance than
that sub c cells.

How long did you plan on your Voyager flying? I only expect 8 mins max(in the wind) from my Eco 8, but I am rnning at a really high head speed(1600+ rpm).

"Many are using the Hacker B40-8L with 10 cells and a 15-17 tooth pinion. This combo would be much more effecient with a pinion of 35 teeth!"

Well, if you go to 16 cells(in series?) you will need a motor with a low Kv because the rpms increase for every volt you add.

Well, Ill let LRVCFlyer take care of the rest of this, he is the Voyager guru

I am not a Voyager owner, but I have friend home that are hard to impress and he flew a Voyager and liked it. Im not sure of the the set up though.

I take it you have flown you Voyager, what type of flying do you do(crusing, mild acro, hot acro)?

Have you tried 8 cell CP 2400 packs? I think they are your best bet.

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Last edited by Eco8gator; Mar 15, 2002 at 06:38 PM.