View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
I want to share thist post commented by a ZenMuse H3-D2 owner in another forum. You can find it useful or just discard it as your own consideration:

"Sadly joining the club of dead gimbal owners. Luckily I took a shot of the gimbal when it started "sreaming". ....I recorded the video for my dealer, who said, hissing is normal. Well, looks like hissing/humming is the pre-stage to death. I reconnected the power a few times the next day and with my last attempt, I had a little cloud of smoke coming from the blackbox directly situated on the gimbal.
----------
DJI has contacted my reseller and my reseller has contacted me. Looks like DJI knows about the problem and it might come from 3.14, which introduced a hz-count drop-down. It might be that the gimbals are driven with the wrong hz-count and this drives them too hot and burns them out. I have been offered an RMA and need to send the gimbal for repair/exchange to DJI. Sounds like a rather long process, argh!"

I wonder if he powered up the gimbal without the GoPro mounted.
That will overheat it.

There should be a warning sticker warning customers to not power the gimbal up without the camera installed.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor